Bonjour from France!
I was in the city of lights for only one full day with my husband. We made the most of our time seeing the highlights of Paris, before jetting off to Cannes the next morning.
It was wet and rainy when we arrived early in the morning from our trans atlantic flight, so I slipped into my hotel robe with a café au lait and enjoyed the most gorgeous views! After the weather cleared in the afternoon, we hit the ground running to cover as much of Paris as possible.
I’m working on a vlog which I will share soon, but for now I’m sharing my quick guide to seeing Paris in 24 hours:
Where To Stay:
We stayed at Hotel Brighton near the Opera district. It was in the perfect location across from the Jardin de Tuileries, near the Lovre and very central to everything else we wanted to see in Paris. Not to mention, these balconies and views. It felt like a Parisienne-chic apartment!
Where To Eat:
- Angelina– where Coco Chanel often had breakfast! Get a hot chocolate, you won’t be sorry!
- Cafe Kitsune–Get Coffee here for the gram.
- Le Realis de L’Entrecota– authentic steak frites! There are no other menu items and they keep the food coming. The green sauce on the steak and fries is SO addicting. Go here about 30 minutes before the restaurant opens to get a spot. A line forms around the building and trust me you don’t want to miss this meal.
- Ralph’s Dinner -trendy and iconic
- Lou Lous – upscale french fare
- Frenchi– try the wine bar before dinner one evening!
What To See:
- Arch de Triumph
- Eiffel Tower
- Notre Dame
- Palais Royale
Since we were staying near the Louvre we made our way up the Champs-Elysées toward the Arch de Triumph, window shopping along the way. Afterwards we visited the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame before making our way back to the Louvre and Palais Royale. We didn’t have time to actually go into the Louvre, which means I’ll just have to plan another trip!
Things To Do:
- Shop at Sezane
- Eat a crepe from a street vendor
- Buy a baguette, some cheese and wine then have a true Parisian picnic in jardin de tuileries